`04 OEM navi headunit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so i just got home from a local audio shop & was told if i replace my OEM navi h/u ill lose the use of the OEM 6disc changer & my rear DVD:shrug:is that so??????if so why the hell did Ford do that:badidea:so much for upgrading to a nicer touchscreen

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes...aftermarket wont direct a changer unless its aftermarket and then it will need to universal or brand specific...i never get factory dvd players because of this reason...i always add...most of the time its cheaper that way ANYWAYS...

MPTonyT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Factory 6 Disc.... Lost but you can retain if you go to a shop who knows what they are doing. I have done plenty of them. Use a shop who has a Mitchel subscription and they can look up the schematics and hopefully figure it out.

OP
OP
michaelinchains

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this new navi deck will let me keep use of my changer & dvd entertainment(i have 4 kids im not `bout to lose my dvd)..also ill finally get to hear the brand new Polk Audio`s i had installed over a week ago

OP
OP
michaelinchains

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
new navi unit installed,no issues whatsoever & i finally get to enjoy my new door speakers:pepper:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1