05 expy with some aftermarket toys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WHOISMOOTOO

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn thats crazy, thanks for pretty much the how to! i might take them off this weekend, i was thinking about putting the expedition letters from the tailgate on a street sceene speed grille (centered) for the front bumper (lower). so vato how hard was it to paint the mirror caps? was it worth the effort or should i just go to a body shop?

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'm going to take mine off too when the weather gets warmer, also going to install my new emblem :cool:

and for the mirror caps i guess it depends on the price how much your willing to spend, for me if i got mine painted it would probably be $20 for both painted professionally my paint guy does everything for me cheap, he did my taillights for free because i send him so much business

but if you're going to do it yourself here is a good write-up from f150online

How-To: Paint To Match (PTM) Mirror Caps on 04-08 F150

the process should be the same but to get your mirror cap off there are i think 4 tabs behind the actual glass on the mirror just use your mirror switch to move the mirror around until you can get to the tabs that hold the mirror cap on

OP
OP
WHOISMOOTOO

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I might have eyeballed that before and pulled off the beauty cap then i did the staples saying "wow that was easy!", that might be a next weekend job but im going to "duplicolor" it if im not happy with the results ill pay to have them done professionally, im going to ft riley, kansas for 3 months with my job so I wont be in my stomping grounds to go to a trusted body shop. looking forward to seeing the new emblems!