'05 Trans problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L8/93LX

Reaction score
Trans seems go into neutral when I come up to a light or stop sign for while after I first start it up, then works fine after that. Is this trans on its way out? Never dealt with a 4r75e before? Fluid level is ok and doesn't look burnt.

Thanks for any info

Whack

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year?

How many miles?

How do you get it moving again?

When was your last check of trans fluid level and condition?

OP
OP
L8/93LX

L8/93LX

Reaction score
Approx. 118,000 miles
'05
Just did an oil change on the weekend and I checked the level then, looked to be a nice cherry red with no burnt odour.
Seems to go back into gear on its own after a few seconds and I can drive away. After it has been driven for awhile it seems to be okay, pulls away no problem. I did notice a bit of a shudder as I was coming to a stop tonight. Truck was always dealer serviced before I bought it last year, drives like brand new.

OP
OP
L8/93LX

L8/93LX

Reaction score
As i'm roll'n up to a stop it just feels like it has gone into neutral. You come to a complete stop and when you let off the brake it doesn't move.

werbick

Reaction score
Happens to ours too. 2005 NBX. Only seems to do it on a slight downhill too. You let off the gas, hit the brake and come to stop. If you are on a slight downhill (and I mean slight- you barely start to roll) and you step on the gas, the engine will rev and the car will not move until you either hold down the gas and the car jerks forward or you let up just a bit and then get on the gas again and the car will move. Usually only happens to us when on a right turn too!