'07 Expedition EL Limited A/C front and rear fans not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kc5mhb

Reaction score
Hi all. Been looking at some of the threads here and have multiple issues with my wife's Expedition. First, about a year and a half ago, the heated and cooled seat functions for both front seats just quit. It was right after my wife had a bad battery replaced and I had found some info on taking it to the dealer for a reset. Went to the dealer and they thought I'd lost my mind and said they had heard of no such thing. I figured it was some module that went bad. About two weeks ago I adjusted the front fan down while I was driving. Got back in the vehicle and the fan wouldn't do anything but the rear fan worked fine. Let it sit while we were eating lunch and it came back. Tonight I went to check on it (my wife drives this thing whereas I rarely drive it) and again the front fan is not working. Ran the diagnostic test mode and there were no error codes but now both front and rear fans don't work. EATC module or HVAC blower resister or both?

OP
OP
K

kc5mhb

Reaction score
OK, I'm taking a stab at this thing by replacing the blower resister and adding the grounding strap for starters. I'll post what I find out.

OP
OP
K

kc5mhb

Reaction score
Problem solved. Found out BOTH front and rear fan motors are bad. The rear one went out and while trying to diagnose it, I tapped on it with a tool and it started spinning and it sounded horrible. Disconnected it and replaced the blower motor resister on front fan thinking that was the problem but during a recent oil change, I noticed the front fan not working again. Pulled open the glove box and hit on the under dash pod, motor started working. I guess I'll be pulling both out when my daughter is out of school for Christmas and so my wife can use her car while I tear this thing down.