09 LTD MAX - Problem with dual climate control - one side hot, one cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quicker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so this driving me nuts. I have a blend door/gate issue that I have not been able to diagnose but this is a new problem.

I have the dual climate control and both sides are set as cold as possible (60 deg F or 16 deg C) and the drivers side blows cold and the passengers side blows HOT no matter what I do.

Any suggestions on what is going on here? See photo for visual.

Thanks
truck - AC and heat at same time.png

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Without more info, I would guess the blend door actuator behind the radio is the culprit. Any clicking noises? If this is the issue Ford will charge you 10 hours labor for the repair, but you can do it in 1.

Part is $37 from Amazon.

OP
OP
Q

quicker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks guys. Anyone have any good diagrams for what door actuators are under the dash? It seems I have one bad based on your suggestions above that isnt allowing cool air to the passenger side.

Also I have had a problem with the mode since I purchased the truck a couple of years ago. Very little air comes out of vents or defrost (regardless of mode) but always lots on feet.

So I'd like to replace both when I get in there.

Thanks

nubia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a question. Did you hear a slight clicking sound. I'm not having a blend program however, I'm hearing a slight clicking sound behind the radio.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Q

quicker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my case I did not hear the clicking. I just started it one day and turned on the AC and the passenger side got very warm :(

BUT.... when I first bought the truck (used) I did hear the clicking and I believe it was from the other actuator that controls the outputs (floor, defrost, in your face vents). Currently mine doesn't change when I select vents vs floor vs defrost but I'll tackle that one at a later date as its a lot more difficult to swap.

Here is a video on how to tackle the lower blend door replacement:

nubia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine I believe is the upper. I hear clicking behind the radio. When turning on heat only the driver side gets warm and the passenger side is ice cold.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Q

quicker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep that was same as mine (but in reverse temp wise). The video Manuporshutup posted above explains the process. Its a quick job. I used a dorman brand replacement as thats what my local parts shop carried. Part number 604-252 so far its working great.