$1500 inserts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so i went to the only upholstery shop i could find...for now...and just to get the light color cream inserts cahnged to a green/snake skin/crock/ostrage...$1500...no this includes the upper and lower inserts on 2nd/3rd row at $65 each insert...and $250 for the driver/pass seats...and this is all vynil...if i go leather on the front seat...$1700...

so they explained the only the front seats have leather...and that only the top where you actually sit...so he explains that my leather parts have wrinkled....only on the top because thats the only "leather" on the seats...no where else on ANY seat in the truck is wrinkled...because its not leather...oh...this also includes the perferrated material in the doors that will be $75 per door to replace...cost included in the $1500 and $1700 price...is this a rip off or what? for real...this is an honest question...what yall think about this price? just for inserts in the seats and doors...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder if the 3rd gen seat covers fit yours...

Link

I mean, they're not green...but they're also not 1700 dollars. If you ask me, it seems kinnda pointless, unless you were already going to change your seat covers. Do you have leather now? If so, I'm guessing it's tan? If you don't, just change to OEM leather seats.

Hell, call this person up: Link. Seems the auction is for a flat dark grey color (all leather it seems), but I'm sure you could ask about different colors?

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So does he mean that 2nd row seats are NOT at all leather? I know the 3rd row bench is vinyl, but i thought the 2nd row seats were real leather.

I'll take a closer look at mine tonight. The light color inserts on my 2nd row are pretty badly cracked. (only on the seats, not on the backrests). I guess it's because the prev owner installed his baby car seats directly on the leather, with no protector in between. I'm looking for a cost-effective way of fixing that.

Tigster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems high. I have been looking into having my interior redone to a tan and dark insert, and a dark headliner.

I would wait and redo the entire seat not just the inserts. Or buy seat covers in the colors you want for the whole truck.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford doesnt use real leather. On the newer f150s and gt500s they use Alcantara which is but its bonded leather. You will not see REAL leather on ford other then the King Ranch/Harley (pricey) and you can smell, see, and touch the difference. There are certain portions of the seat (small) that use the Alcantara, the rest is synthetic.

Now when you look at imported cars thats real leather. My infiniti leather was gorgeous along with 07 King Ranch which is long gone now. Ford takes other short cuts like on the "20 inch chrome rims" which are actually chrome plastic.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So does he mean that 2nd row seats are NOT at all leather? I know the 3rd row bench is vinyl, but i thought the 2nd row seats were real leather.

2nd and 3rd row seats are vinyl all around...the driver seats are the only ones with some type of leather and thats only on the top...what you actually sit on...

Do you have leather now? If so, I'm guessing it's tan?

yes i already have so call leather...looking to mod the interior...outside is done with the exception of a couple of things...

my question is why???
next on list for mods...interior and system

the only seats that arent in good condition are the front seats because the "leather" is cracking...which isnt a bad thing...so only the top of the front seats need changing...i just want to change interior so when i pop the doors open ppl like...NIIICE...i do plan on taking some trophies at car shows...not over the top...subtle and tasteful...

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ross this reminds me too. I was just told that if you keep the third row down for a long period of time the vinyl will start to rip and melt once you move the seat. I am now keeping the seat up to air out and only keep it down when needed.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip...i normally have it up unless going on trip...buying groceries...or putting other things in the back...