175XXX Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your Expedition had 175k miles on it what would you be looking into replacing? I flushed and changed all the fluids at 150k with a new radiator and water pump and valve cover gaskets. Im not noticing any leaks, except for there is a small hole in the muffler that drips water occasionally, but does not sound like an exhaust leak. I just put new shocks on her a few weeks ago. And right now all I can think of is to start changing some of the suspension components and bushings. Control arms, etc...
Can anyone think of anything else I can do to help keep her running in tip top shape? Because as of right now she still runs strong just like a tank should!!

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am not sure, but there should be a list of things to do in the back of the book for the trucks regular (certain) mile maintenance. (Sorry for the spelling, it is not my best)

OP
OP
TheGuyWho

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im pretty sure it doesn't take you past 100k miles. Because I bet Ford never intended on the trucks lasting much past that. Haha
Aside from that, I bought my Expedition used, so I can only speculate as to what the previous owner did or didn't do to it. And from what I can tell from doing my own work... not much if any has been changed. Everything looks pretty much original.
My question was more of a hypothetical anyways. I was looking for suggestions of what others might have encountered. But thanks.

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This should be done after 150,000 but it doesn't go any further after that. LOL
Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines & hoses, and parking brake
system

OP
OP
TheGuyWho

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This should be done after 150,000 but it doesn't go any further after that. LOL
Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines & hoses, and parking brake
system

I forgot to mention that I already did all that too...

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Then you should be good, I would just go over what it says for the 75,000 miles now and start your way down the list again. LOL :D

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your just want to keep it up stick to the basics. upper control arms, lower ball joints, idler arm, tie rod ends, ck front wheel bearings, service diffs, service transfer case, coils, hoses, clean the throttle body, ck vac hoses, fuel filter, ck fuel pump pressure...
hope this helps.