18 Expy/Navi Est. Gas Mileage Figures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are going to love the size. I went from a Mercedes ML350 to the Expedition std length and the interior space was cavernous, the switch to the EL was almost as big a shock. Where before I had to keep the third row seats down to have enough room in the back for the stuff that I carry, Now I keep all of the seats up and still have plenty of room behind the rear seat. I keep an emergency backpack, blankets, towels jumper cables, scrapers, rope etc. There is a lot of room, but it doesn't feel like you are driving something that big because it handles so well. Obviously I have the 17 but I don't think you are going to find the 18 any different from that standpoint.
We contemplated the Max but decided it would be too big a jump. I don’t think it will be a problem. My wife does like to be prepared though so we’ll see what all she wants to outfit the new space with.

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2017 SWB, 4x4, 3.73 gets a little over 22 mpg at 70. I tend to average around 18+ for a tank with a lot of local driving. My sticker claimed 15 city / 20 highway. The SWB is a huge vehicle, but it doesn't drive like a ponderously huge vehicle. I don't want to say agile, but for a big beast, it's kinda light on its feet. (My old Mazda3 was, of course, much more agile at only 2,800 lbs.)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get those numbers in my 04 with programmer and exhaust... ran out of extra time to do efans due to barber school...won't have time until Christmas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

PHIL CLACK

Reaction score
A note on this: all fuel is not equal!
Our here in California our gas is awful. I go to Nevada and Arizona and I have a magical 30% increase in mileage. Oh yeah, and we pay more for the privilege. LOL

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A note on this: all fuel is not equal!
Our here in California our gas is awful. I go to Nevada and Arizona and I have a magical 30% increase in mileage. Oh yeah, and we pay more for the privilege. LOL

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

But you’re saving the whales...for all of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of these are guesses, but going though as many window stickers as i could find, these are the fuel economy figures for the 18 expy and navi.

Exp SWB 2WD: 17city 24 hwy
Nav SWB 2WD: 16city 23hwy
Exp LWB 2WD: 17city 23 hwy
Nav LWB 2WD: 16city 22hwy
Exp SWB 4WD: 16city 22 hwy
Nav SWB 4WD: 16city 22 hwy
Exp LWB 4WD: 16city 21hwy
Nav LWB 4WD: 16city 21hwy

All of the Expy figures are guesses, right?

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some are...all the expy figures are from the window stickers, the navi l figures are guesses

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree on the SWB being a huge vehicle. Its no bigger than a small sedan in reality it's just taller. It's roughly the size of a Chevy Malibu if you park next to one it's about the same wheelbase and length. I loved my expy for being so compact and easy to park compared to the truck.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some are...all the expy figures are from the window stickers, the navi l figures are guesses

Where are you finding window stickers?

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you play with the inventory search, some dealers whose orders are being built will show up, which includes the window stickers. Only info not on ws are the safety ratings. Ive found about 15 or so expys around the east coast to the south, with hlf going to the south. Also a high amt are plat max 4x4s. The closest to me with order fulfilled was 3hrs away and its an 80k plat max.