18 Expy/Navi Est. Gas Mileage Figures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I disagree on the SWB being a huge vehicle. Its no bigger than a small sedan in reality it's just taller. It's roughly the size of a Chevy Malibu if you park next to one it's about the same wheelbase and length. I loved my expy for being so compact and easy to park compared to the truck.
Expedition is about 16 inches longer and 8 inches wider than a Malibu.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you sure that's not EL specs? My SWB did not seem that much longer than a sedan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For reference, the malibu is 194in rounded, the impala is 204in rounded, the 17 expy is 206in rounded, 18 expy is 210in rounded.

ccbc65

Reaction score
That seems like little if any improvement over the V8s. So why did they go with the V6s?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say the 3.5 cut costs from the Triton... less steel. My V8 has 440 horsepower and 860 lb ft. torque Can't beat a V8 for power. I can say with absolute confidence this truck would pull a house down no problem. Yes what is stock now is more powerful than the the 5.4 standard stock, however The 5.4 was available in many SVT vehicles in supercharged variant and that variant was much more powerful on both ends that the newer ecoboosts. Ecoboost is a lot more economical for Ford to make power out of than building the heavy V8 and slapping a few thousand dollar supercharge on top. I never discount the Triton V8 they are great motors and the high end performance variants kicked some serious butt.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your HP/TQ sounds like Powerstroke numbers. How'd your achieve this work a gas v8?

I own a F-350 6.7. So yea it's powerstroke numbers lol. Gasoline engines can achieve these numbers such as Bentleys Top tier V8. I believe it is right on the doorstep of 800 torque.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire