1997 Ford Expedition CD Changer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trking1977

Reaction score
My wife had a 1997 Ford Expedition. We the bought the vehicle used a few years back. It is equipped with the stock radio which has a cassette player and controls for a multiple disc CD changer. There is a mounting bracket and exposed quick connect harness wire in the very rear of the vehicle. I assume the original owner removed the CD changer prior to selling the vehicle.

My main question is how can I find a CD changer that is compatible with my original stock radio controls? Where can I purchase a OEM Ford CD changer to replace the one that was removed?

Through my research it seems as though many of these were originally mounted under the center console, but obviously that was not the case in my wifes truck.

Thanks for any help.

flyin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would hit a JY. My expy doesn't have the cd changer but the wiring is present. As a side note the changer from my zx2 appears to be the same. The bigest thing besides the changer would be the brackets to mount it.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ripped out my 6 disc CD changer that was in the center console.

Let me know if you want it I can give it to you for cheaper than it would be new.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure it was a stock CD canger back there? I thought all changers where in the centre console. Mine had a rear VHS player in the back :badidea:
I'd give you mine but it stop working