1999 Eddie Bauer 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought about it, decided against it, only risking $70 for another alignment if I am wrong. To be honest, I needed to stop working on the truck - it was starting to affect work / life balance. :)
My wife is out of town this week, so I may take out the MAF and clean it, as well as the throttle body and IAC... all depends on how the kids cooperate, the weather, etc.

OP
OP
H

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally replaced the PCV Valve and cleaned the MAF. I hoped the new PCV Valve would fix the whistle I hear from the right rear of the engine, no joy. It is not that big of deal, so I will keep looking.
I did learn that my kid is better suited for working on this thing than I am - the Ford Engineers must have had SMURF HANDS!

OP
OP
H

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Quick Question To All - Rear Sagging?

OK - resist the urge... please... :)

Here is a side shot of my 99 Expy:
picture.jpg

This is actually a dealer pic, and it is on a "down slope", but the more I look at it, it looks like my truck is "sagging in the rear"... esp. when I look at it on level ground or on an incline.

Question is this: Is the gap in the rear a "normal" gap? It is less than the gap in the front - is that normal?
Quick data: truck does not have air suspension (nor did it have it); it is a 4x4, and it has 72k miles on it.

Brusky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the wheel wells in the front are a little higher up on the body than in the rear so it appears the truck is higher in the front. i lowered mine about 1.5 in in the front with the torsion bars so that the wheel well gap would be about the same from front to back. i may have to raise it back when i but slightly bigger tires on

Vigilante

Reaction score
Its just the way it sits stock. I put stiffer springs in the front of mine so its sits up a little higher in the front, but it does a lot better in the sand

OP
OP
H

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pics Underneath

Here are some pictures I took while it was up on a lift:
Passenger Side Tie Rod (before replacement)
picture.jpg

Driver's Side Tie Rod
picture.jpg

Driver's Side Exhaust Manifold
picture.jpg

Mostly taken to see leak at the oil sending unit
picture.jpg

Transfer Case (I think)...
picture.jpg

Rear End - 3.55 with LSD - was in really good shape (so I am told)...
picture.jpg

Have more photos in my albums...

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea gap looks normal... yours has no air ride...? Hmmm thought all 99 EB had that..i know mine does and its identical to yours... do you plan on a new paint color or keeping it spruce green... i want mine the dark hunter green ....

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 99 has no air suspension either.. As for the OP, great looking expy! Can't believe how clean that thing is!

OP
OP
H

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will be keeping it the same color... and I got lucky... just hope the luck holds out. :)
Still have to look at doing the plugs... decided not worth the risk (at this time) to do myself... (this may all change depending upon prices quoted to do the work)... :)