1999 Eddie Bauer.....Whining buzzing sound from under Driver Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty-N

Reaction score
Just bought an 99 Eddie Bauer 5.4 2wd after the EX completely wrecked my previous one that I had since 2000. Been Fixing things left and right to get it feeling like my previous one.

The noise only happens while driving and is not coming from the engine it is somewhere under the dash.

When in park there is no noise with radio off no noise from speakers. When driving it sounds like a whining buzzing sound coming from under the dash. I had removed a bunch of the Mach audio stuff because it did have a drop down screen which Ill replace later. The sound almost sounds like a relay or something that is making noise. Like when you have feedback in your speakers that follow the sound of your acceleration, but I cannot find it unless Its moving. I removed the radio and the sound is still there. If anyone has anyone places to look it would help me greatly.

CAKD07

Reaction score
Not sure but do you have a stock 6-CD changer? Don't think it's part of the radio but I know when I pull the fuse (B+) and reinsert I get the same noise for about 15 seconds. It's not behind the radio but somewhere in the dash. When I first heard it I freaked. Or the other thing could be the HVAC valve but it's more of a clicking noise.