1999 Expedition shuts down while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renomanwheels

Reaction score
I thought it might be the battery so I replaced it with an optimus battery. Truck started fine and after about 15 mins of driving , it shut down and would not start. It would click but not turn over. Any ideas?

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
How long before you can restart it? Possibly a failing fuel pump. Next time do your research before dumping money on something that doesn't even cause an engine to turn off while running like a battery, a battery primary use is to start the car not keep it running. An alternator is also a suspect of your battery end up being dead in a day or two.

OP
OP
R

renomanwheels

Reaction score
Replaced the alternator and battery. Charged the battery for an hour and still wont hold a charge.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
If it doesn't hold a charge the possiblity of having a loose ground somewhere is almost certain, and also check the battery terminal cables. It's one of those two 100% sure of this. Start off with the cables check them make sure they're not ripped anywhere or cracked

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should learn how to use one Check on youtube for videos on using a multimeter. Its a very valuable tool to have. You don't need to get an expensive one but do get a good one. Stamp or I can walk you through using one. Important is to make sure you are on the correct settings before touching leads to any power. They are easy to learn to use

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I am guessing you have a disconnected/loose wire somewhere between the battery, alt, starter