1st Gen Gotts Mod. Trial and Error.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beardskii

Reaction score
This is exactly what it states in the title. I'll be posting pictures as I go along however this have not gone off without a hitch or two this far.

First off, What should be established with this Mod for our 1st Gen members is this. Get thin wall 3" PVC. I have spent multiple hours sanding this pvc pipe to fit into the ford "perfect" circle of an air intake. Maybe my grit of sand paper is to blame but my palms are starting to get raw. (And I haven't even gotten it to stay inside the hole, the fit is so snug the pressure forces the PVC out of the intake hole.)

Ontop of that. Since in the 1st Gens the snorkle deatches unlike the 2nd Gen we run into the issue of finding a proper coupler for the 1st Gen. The 3" pvc is not quite large enough to slide over the intake box. I've seen jeepster do this on youtube with a 1st gen and I'll be heading to my local hardware store again to obtain a 4 inch long 3" diamater pvc (THIN WALL) pipe and sleeve to slide over this assembly.

Any input is welcome but I have been researching the issue for over a month now (I'm more of a measure twice kind of guy.) I want to put my findings in the open for all 1st Gen users.

Pictures soon.

OP
OP
B

Beardskii

Reaction score

mpsjr

Reaction score
If you have a local exhaust shop, go and ask for a drop piece of 3" pipe that's about 4"-6" long (probably free). You can use the 3" coupler and tighten it down onto the exhaust pipe and cram it over the end of the filter housing. That's how I did mine and I didn't have to worry about sanding anything. I wrapped the outside of the pipe in black duct tape to keep it from rattling when I hit bumps (and also to seal it in the fender hole). All I paid for was the rubber coupler.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well it would seem as if the F150 website has quite a few pictures. I shall not falter rather, follow through with my promise.

However, I wish I had a belt sander.

Haha sorry didn't mean to discourage you. It will help having the pics on this forum so that those searching here can find them. Only way to find the above link is if someone like myself posts it, which does not always happen. Just wanted to post it to help you with your project, so you are not flying completely blind...

The belt sander is actually my old man's but it is a very useful tool to have available.