2001 XLT no power to OBD, stalling, runs like crap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hertfordnc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had this truck for 50K miles, (out of 170,000)

Last year I replaced the intake due to water at cyl #4
Never ran quite right after that.

First problem, there is no power to OBD port (and cig lighter) can't find fuse. online is no help. I checked every fuse, can't find it. Yes, the owners manual is long gone. If someone has a fuse diagram that would be awesome.

Can I hot wire the OBD port? It looks like pin 15 is the main power wire.

Obviously diagnosing the problems will be a lot easier once I get some codes but lets go over what we have;

When I changed the intake I replaced plugs, coils and injectors with mostly cheap stuff. When I was done I still had a misfire code around cyl 5 & 6. It came and went and I needed the garage back so I just started driving it. The truck ran pretty good, the CEL stayed on.

Couple months ago it began stalling, idling poorly, hesitating on launch and really running like crap

In the absence of OBD info, is there anything I can look at related to those symptoms?

And when I get OBD info what codes should I be expecting?

WHats the failure rate of low end injectors and coils? I spent less that $200 on all of it.

thanks

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the fuse for the cigar lighter The OBD port is on the same fuse

Check the owners manual for the fuse location

You can download a copy at owner.ford.com

Should be a 20 Amp fuse #3 in passenger compartment fuse box

Check fuse with a meter DON"T JUST PULL IT AND LOOK AT IT

grantpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to my '00 Expy owner's manual, "the passenger fuse panel is located below and to the left of the steering wheel by the brake pedal". It's the #3 fuse location, 20-amp. Hope this helps.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to my '00 Expy owner's manual, "the passenger fuse panel is located below and to the left of the steering wheel by the brake pedal". It's the #3 fuse location, 20-amp. Hope this helps.

THE OP has a 2001 expy and did you read my post to him and the information I gave on the 2001 expedition

OP
OP
H

hertfordnc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip about owner.ford.com. that was helpful.
Got power to the OBD codes are 0171 & 0174 SO i guess I'm still chasing a vac leak.