2003 Expy Catalytic Converter R/R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donl

Reaction score
I have been searching but no love. On a 1-10 degree of difficulty scale, how tough a job is it? I have looked at the connection at the exhaust manifold and those bolts look pretty awkward to get to. I plan to replace the cats and the OEM exhaust system with a Magnaflo cat back system. Nothing wrong with the cats that I know of, 120K miles on the motor which is still tight and I have no plans to replace the vehicle; I am attached. Just thought while I was under there, I would replace everything. I hate turning the job over to an exhaust shop; don't know how the job will turn out. I plan to check with the dealer and see if they will install aftermarket cats; at least they have done it before. I have tools, am a gear head, have worked on a variety of vehicles over the years but just wondering if this is a DIY job or better farmed out if I can find the right shop.

OP
OP
donl

donl

Reaction score
OK, 74 views and no response; I guess that makes the job an 11 on a 1 to 10 scale.:think:

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Without access to a hoist, the cats are gonna be tough. With that few miles, I would just leave them. They will be good for at least another 100k.

Or install the exhaust yourself and have the shop just address the cats. Find a shop that only does exhaust, they are out there and will know what they are doing more than the dealer.

They're main advantage is having access to heating and cutting tools. Depending where you live, those bolts will sometimes never let go.

EDIT: Nevermind I see you are from San Antonio, probably not as big a concern of the bolts not coming loose.

Sent from the Pocket Computer

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chase5817