2003 Lincoln navigator check advancetrac after changing alternator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

king.Brad

Reaction score
So I was driving down the street when out of no where my truck started freaking out, all the lights where flashing on the dash and it kept saying in the notice bar to check charging system and advancetrac. Me being the handy guy I am took it upon my self to change the battery, battery terminals, and the alternator. And yes I did get them tested and they were all bad, expressly the terminals.

I thought if I replaced and fixed the electrical issue that would solve the advancetrac problem but I was wrong, something I rarely an by the way 8).

So I was wondering if it had to to with the electrical problem or if it could have something to do with the fact that I also changed or the air suspension for coil spring suspension, but I changed them like 5 months ago and the advancedtrac light only came on after the alternator and battery went out and I'm sure they went bad because of the loss terminals.

I have read on here that it could be a broken line under the kick plate in the driver's side but I looked and didn't find any problem with the wiring.

I hope I gave enough info for some one to be like "oh that's just bla bla bla, you can fix it by doing bla bla bla"

Any help would be great, thanks in advancetrac 8) that's my joke if the day

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

king.Brad

Reaction score
**update**

So I have Snap on code reader, I hooked it up and it pulled 2 codes.

C1998
&
U1900

If you know anything I could do to fix this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again in advancetrac 8)

B

bedrck46

if you had the service manual I suggested you would get a wealth of information on the codes and possible fixes

B

bedrck46

U1900 Controller Area Network Communication Bus Malfunction Receive Malfunction
C1998 ABS Module Calibration Incomplete

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like to know how you have a SnapOn code reader but need our help? SnapOn tools are for professional mechanics and they charge accordingly.

If you have a Solice, I quit...

By the codes you have an electrical problem on the CAN bus (network). Your going to need a dvm to measure the resistance on it to start.

OP
OP
K

king.Brad

Reaction score
So where/what is the CAN bus? I understand its a network, but does that mean it's a shot in some wire some where? I have the DVM I just don't know where to start looking.

Thanks for all the help

B

bedrck46

As you stated in your original post

"I thought if I replaced and fixed the electrical issue that would solve the advancetrac problem but I was wrong, something I rarely an by the way 8)".

again suggest you get a copy of the service manual that way you will have it as a reference when given information to trouble shoot the problem, that way you will have available to you the electrical prints that you will need to properly repair the system

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
K

king.Brad

Reaction score
So I took my truck to a dealership, the did everything I have done so far and they believe it is the ABS module because they tried to reprogram it and it didn't take, they wanted $1600 to replace it, I think that is ridiculous. Has anyone else gotten the ABS module replaced if so how much did it cost? I'm thinking I could just replace it myself and then have the program it for $100.

Please let me know what your thoughts are and what you would do or have done.

Thanks

OP
OP
K

king.Brad

Reaction score
I'd like to know how you have a SnapOn code reader but need our help? SnapOn tools are for professional mechanics and they charge accordingly.

If you have a Solice, I quit...

By the codes you have an electrical problem on the CAN bus (network). Your going to need a dvm to measure the resistance on it to start.
I have a snap on because I thought it would be a very helpful tool to have, considering I can buy it at a pawn shop or craigslist. I'm surprised everyone doesn't do there own mechanical work. Doing your own work saves hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

B

bedrck46

"I thought if I replaced and fixed the electrical issue that would solve the advancetrac problem but I was wrong, something I rarely an by the way 8)".

being your rarely wrong. just replace the ABS module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt