2004 EB Expedition Turn Signal Switch Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morghul

Reaction score
Hope you guys can help...I'm good with computers and electronics...not so much with cars. I've managed to switch out the old turn signal switch on my 2004 EB Expedition. Everything works fine...except, that when I turn it doesn't automatically correct like its supposed to. It stays in the rt turn/or left turn signal position.

That said...when replacing I did remember to get the spring from the old one and put it in the new one...although it seemed rather small. I did however, when I removed the original switch (which was broken), have another longer spring come out from somewhere...I figure that may be the issue, but just cant figure out where it may have come from. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is probably not the answer you are looking for but I had an issue with my turn signal. I ended up purchasing an entire replacement unit. I purchased the Standard Motor Products unit at rock auto for about $78 and works great. I attempted to repair but since it was a modular design I shied away.

OP
OP
M

Morghul

Reaction score
Thanks, but no. I did in fact get the entire replacement unit. It's just that now the signal "stick" doesn't automatically return to the center "normal", after the turn. Everything else works fine.

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Our Trucks picky on the parts we put in (reminds me of the land rover I used to have) So far if I am going with an engine or electrical I try to stick with Motorcraft if possible and only if I can get at a discount. The other alternative that has been solid have been Standard Motor Products brand (they are an OEM provider) I even used SMP coil packs and have been more than pleased. I am sure you dont need my advise, but good luck my freind.

IvDogg

Reaction score
Hope you guys can help...I'm good with computers and electronics...not so much with cars. I've managed to switch out the old turn signal switch on my 2004 EB Expedition. Everything works fine...except, that when I turn it doesn't automatically correct like its supposed to. It stays in the rt turn/or left turn signal position.

That said...when replacing I did remember to get the spring from the old one and put it in the new one...although it seemed rather small. I did however, when I removed the original switch (which was broken), have another longer spring come out from somewhere...I figure that may be the issue, but just cant figure out where it may have come from. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So out of curiosity, anyone know what would happen if you left the spring out? I think I lost mine while working on it.