2004 expedition aftermarket radio stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macarollo

Reaction score
I have a Kenwood aftermarket stereo that the previous owner installed. I had to disconnect the battery terminal to install a battery tender connector and after that the stereo doesn't turn on.

I checked the fuses (I think I checked them all) and pulled the head unit out and disconnected the power, wiggled the wires around, put it back together and it started working again-

It is hard to say what fixed it because I messed around with so many wires, but a few months later it stopped working again.

Any ideas? IT all started when I disconnected the negative battery terminal.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check all the connections for both the power and the ground. Those are the only wires that it could be.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

macarollo

Reaction score
I pulled out the headunit, unplugged power cable, plugged it back in and it worked. I don't know what happened- hopefully it works fine now.

OP
OP
M

macarollo

Reaction score
A battery tender allows you to connect your car to your home power outlet to keep the battery charged while you are not driving the car for extended periods of time.