2004 XLT Odometer glass question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indcolts18288

Reaction score
The plastic/glass cover that goes over all the gauges like odometer, speedometer, etc has some type of film on it on the inside. Maybe due to some kind of moisture? How can I remove the plastic so I can clean it, it's bugging the crap outta me. Thanks!

OP
OP
indcolts18288

indcolts18288

Reaction score
If I unscrew the two screws on that part of the dash shouldn't I be able to get the plastic off to clean the inside?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe...you'll have access to the cluster for sure...could it be stained from some type of acid or something of that nature...that would bug me too...

OP
OP
indcolts18288

indcolts18288

Reaction score
maybe...you'll have access to the cluster for sure...could it be stained from some type of acid or something of that nature...that would bug me too...

Not sure. Guess I will try and get to it and if I can't I'll take it to Ford to have it replaced. Can't imagine it costing that much. It's just annoying. I remember when I was in high school I had a Beretta Z-26 and it did the same thing and I can't remember why as that was about 13yrs ago. If it warms up this weekend I'll get into it and let you know how it went in case anyone else runs into this in the future.

OP
OP
indcolts18288

indcolts18288

Reaction score
I bought some Mcguires Plastic X and it didn't work. URGH! Read somewhere to try some vinegar and water. I really think it's on the inside but I'm iffy on removing the dash cluster. Maybe I can take it to FORD and they can just replace the plastic at a decent price.

05kingranch

Reaction score
HI, I'm curious if you figured out how to solve this problem and if not, what Ford charged to replace the glass. My 05 looks exactly like your pictures and it drives me crazy. Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nameisbry