2005 expedition low oil pressure warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awojtowicz

Reaction score
i have a 2005 thats giving me a low oil pressure warning. it starts knocking bad and the check gauge light comes on plus the oil gauge drops. i can turn it off and then its back running fine. i just took it for a test drive and it ran perfect until maybe 30 minutes into the ride. i had the p0345 error code about camshaft position sensors. i changed both of them and still having the problem. this all started after an oil change before covid hit. so truck was sitting for a bit. in reading the error i saw posts about wrong oil, wiring problem, camshaft position sensors. i even added a new ground from engine to frame since its really rusted underneath. not sure whats going on? checked oil pressure and it was fine.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a 2005 thats giving me a low oil pressure warning. it starts knocking bad and the check gauge light comes on plus the oil gauge drops. i can turn it off and then its back running fine. i just took it for a test drive and it ran perfect until maybe 30 minutes into the ride. i had the p0345 error code about camshaft position sensors. i changed both of them and still having the problem. this all started after an oil change before covid hit. so truck was sitting for a bit. in reading the error i saw posts about wrong oil, wiring problem, camshaft position sensors. i even added a new ground from engine to frame since its really rusted underneath. not sure whats going on? checked oil pressure and it was fine.

You have a disruption in your oil pressure supply.

What type of oil filter was used for the oil change you mentioned? Has the oil & filter (high quality such as Motorcraft) been changed since?

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i even added a new ground from engine to frame since its really rusted underneath.
Get your battery checked at autozone to make sure its good.
Check the rest of the battery cables with a voltage drop test to make sure your getting good power and good ground. Always important to have that before trying to troubleshoot anything else.

OP
OP
A

awojtowicz

Reaction score
You have a disruption in your oil pressure supply.

What type of oil filter was used for the oil change you mentioned? Has the oil & filter (high quality such as Motorcraft) been changed since?
i used a motorcraft oil filter. not sure what brand of oil i used. no i havent changed the oil since. i did change the filter though since i had to change a power steering hose and i needed to take off the filter to get to the connector.