2005 Ford Expedition Sequential Turbocharger Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copper

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I need some info on turbocharging my 2005 Expy 5.4 L. I've seen how some people do it with their 4.6 L's on the Mustang forums and even a couple guys with their F-150's, so I know it can be done with enough effort and money. I just need a lot of advice and wisdom. My goal is to put it up to 700 hp. So 19.6 PSI of boost, or 34.3 PSI in total. I've got parts I need to replace such as getting forged pistons, rods, possibly crankshaft, ARP headbolts, bulletproofed transmission, so I know it's gotta be beefed up before it can take some additional power. I'd like to go with either a sequential turbo system or twin sequential turbo system (I hope I said that right, please correct me if I'm wrong), with a single small turbo for the low end power and bigger turbo for high end power, or 2 of each. I've seen a lot of different ways to route the pipes and what all the system is comprised of, but I was hoping someone could chime in and give me a run down of what all I need to be looking at getting for this system. High detail is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

DFDUBB

Reaction score
Been wanting to do the same thing. Was reading today about a kit from USShift comes with a stand alone TCU and harness to swap a 6R80 six-speed automatic into ANY application. The 2011+ 6R80s bolt-up to the 5.4Ls and are bandless and can handle upto 1000HP stock.

OP
OP
copper

copper

Reaction score
Been wanting to do the same thing. Was reading today about a kit from USShift comes with a stand alone TCU and harness to swap a 6R80 six-speed automatic into ANY application. The 2011+ 6R80s bolt-up to the 5.4Ls and are bandless and can handle upto 1000HP stock.

Hmm I'll look into that. This 4 speed is one of its downfalls for great acceleration. That application would serve me well. That would help me with figuring out the bulletproofing as well.

OP
OP
copper

copper

Reaction score
The system from US Shift looks promising. It looks like I'll be going with that. I just need a good 6r80 for a good price and I'll be set.