2005 Leveling kit questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdizzle

Reaction score
I’m guessing you already did this but did you disconnect the tie rod? That should give you a couple more inches of play.

OP
OP
S

spize909

Reaction score
@spize909 you should not need a spring compressor to install the coilovers (with lift spacers). You only need a spring compressor to install new shocks. For the rear, I used a pry bar to help get the lower control arm to get low enough to fit the coilover (with the new spacer). The coilovers would not have fit into the towers if I had the spring compressor attached to them.
Or maybe I don't understand what you are up against. I looked around a little and found a video on Youtube -- search Stage 3 Motorsports Expedition - you will find a video that might give you some ideas. The rear on the Exp they worked on has the 2007+ suspension, which is a little different but similar enough.
Yeah, see above. I got it pretty much the way you described. The compressor didn't help.
As for the front, I called a few local shops, nobody returned my call except 1. HTW motorsports. If you are anywhere near Upland CA, don't bother with this shop. The guy was rude on the phone straight off and I said F it, not dealing with this *******. I did the fronts myself. Pretty straight forward.
Got it aligned and will have tires on it next weekend.