2006 Limited New head unit no rear speaker problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jshrop6004

Reaction score
Just got a new to me 06 Limited. The factory HU was dead so i had a Pioneer installed. Checked the fade and no sound from the rear speakers. Looked online and found several posts about the rear seat controls making the speakers not work after a HU change.

Saw several wiring diagrams and instructions on how to splice wires off of the rear control harness pin location to get the speakers working again, but none that were specific to an 06 without the DVD player.

I don't mind splicing the wires but want to be sure I have the right ones before I cut them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joel S.

OP
OP
J

jshrop6004

Reaction score
Kept looking and think I found the right diagram.

9t1piw.jpg

If what I have read is correct, I need to cut #8(tan/yellow) LEFT REAR SPEAKER SIGNAL(+) and #15(tan/white) LR SPEAKER AMP(+) and splice those for the left side, and #6 & #16 for the right side.

If anyone has done this please let me know if this is correct. Either way I will try tomorrow evening and post back.

Thanks,

Joel S.

9t1piw.jpg

OP
OP
J

jshrop6004

Reaction score
Well, cut & wired them as described above and no joy. Should they be wired in a different combination? There are basically six speaker wires in the harness, a positive & negative for both sides and a positive amp wire for both sides.

Any help would be appreciated,

Joel S.