2007 Expedition brake failure and ? throttle failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A bad check valve at the brake booster can cause the brakes to seemingly "fail" when assist is lost and they get real hard to push.

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are not alone:

The problem I see with the reports in that page is they don't share a common year set. I would think if it was a systemic issue, it would be in a similar generation. Also - the Expedition is built on the F-150 platform. I looked on that site to see if evidence was available it existed there and found a 2013 F-150 had the same issue. Didn't look for more than that as one report is enough for me.

Toyota had this issue a while back. If I remember correctly, the carpet was blamed for the problem and they issued a recall. Not saying this is related, just the issue described has existed with other manufacturers. So - what is the real underlying cause?

OP
OP
B

brianmacaulay

Reaction score
I read the issues and noted that nobody reported using the emergency brake. I find that odd as this was definitely an emergency. I guess people nowadays consider it a parking brake. The emergency brake is strictly mechanical and will not fail as long as it was maintained. Definitely wouldn't drive it until issue is resolved. And if you sell it full disclosure is warranted as you don't want to be responsible for hurting someone else. Probably will drive the selling price down but then again it is defective.
Hi, I did try the emergency brake when I had my incident - it did not stop me. Just an FYI.