2007 expedition nav system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arni Atlason

Reaction score
Have anybody seen somebody taken head unit apart to clean lens on navigation system with pictures.

OP
OP
Arni Atlason

Arni Atlason

Reaction score
The reason I asked was because the navigation didnt work, Called out dirty disk error.

Well took it apart, it was not so hard and cleaned the Laser lens with rubber alcohol.

It works perfectly.

I had the unit open to access the 4 screws in the front when I unplugged it.

DVD Player is under the 6 disk CD unit.

I unscrewed the 2 screw on the top in last picture that is part of what holds the disk.

Took that part out, then I could access the lens to clean. (damn didn't take picture of that)

20180420_180452.jpg

20180420_191419_HDR.jpg

20180420_182709.jpg

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Those things are an absolute pain to work on. There's a Pioneer service bulletin out about the Disk Error which calls for greasing something. You can find a description of it on line. My navigation seems to have a mind of its own. The six-CD player never worked and the navigation disk takes three or four minutes to eject when I ask it to. But it navigates me pretty well and the stereo's excellent. When it finally gives up I'll get another on ebay. By then the price should be cheaper.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine will not read the latest Map DVD, I don't know why, the previous versions all work but the latest just gives an error and aborts, I have tried 2 different DVD's and got the same error each time. I tried cleaning the lens (the error message did not say anything about a dirty lens) but it still wont work with the latest Map (I think its version 13) but version 12 works. I didn't know about the grease service bulletin, I will look for that.

Gary

OP
OP
Arni Atlason

Arni Atlason

Reaction score
I got 2007 navigation disk with the car and that disk works, I bought newest version from eBay for $20 but that one doesn't work.
So I will probably buy the new disk from the dealer and hope that one will work.

Benjamin Hobbs

Reaction score
I bought a 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer and it is practically fully loaded; everything works on it. Mapping is at 4P; I bought a 13P map on eBay and it is on the way. Aside from updating this map, is there an actual software update available for the head unit, and is there a non-dealer solution to getting that update done?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcason94