2007 Expedition OEM Back-Up Camera Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtfiveoh

Reaction score
i've been wanting to do this to! I also thought about replacing the liftgate "Ford" emblem with one off of the 09-11 f150 platinums that's the "Ford" emblem with the intergrated camera into it, but it's slightly bigger then the expedition one :(

2182548693_809f672281.jpg

I'm also looking at doing the same thing. My only concern is that the location of emblem with camera might interfere with part that has the license plate lights...

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm also looking at doing the same thing. My only concern is that the location of emblem with camera might interfere with part that has the license plate lights...

It won't fit either way... well at least won't fit flush.

07ExpyEL

Reaction score
TXFRDOwner - I really like the camera that you used. I googled it, but there wasn't too much detail about it. Can you tell me if it came witht he RCA connectors or did you have to splice your own? Also, does it have LED lights built in or do your back up lights provide the lighting?

thanks for your help.

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
TXFRDOwner - Do you know if that camera you had will mount on a second edition 2003-2006 Expedition? I see it has like a threaded type base but what did you mount it to?

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It won't fit either way... well at least won't fit flush.

I've read somewhere that people get a front expedition emblem and retrofit it with a camera and then mount that on the back since then it's the same size and will fit better.
Anyone do this?

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the oem backup camera display on the rearview mirror? I much rather have it display on the 7" indash screen... don't know how you can see anything in a 1" screen on the mirror.