2007 Remote Start Install Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlupo77

Reaction score
Hopefully somebody can help me out with this one.

I got a Ford remote start / RKE system for my 2007 Expy Eddie Bauer as a gift.

7L3Z-19G364-AA w/
Interface Kit #4.4 8L3Z-19G365-BA

I had some concerns that the interface kit would work since Ford's accessory reference calls for 7L2Z-19G365-AA. So before I started I found a couple of posts that said it was compatible. So I got to work installing this past weekend.

The install took a while, but I got through the process. Just watch out when you make that final power connection and go and reconnect the battery. I figured out though that if you have the key in run and connect the battery the horn doesn't go crazy. Once I figured out how to get into programming mode I got everything set per the instructions. Got the keys programmed and was successful in getting the remote start to work.

I started going through the functional test procedures and this is where the problems started.
Wouldn't start with the hood open - check.
Wouldn't start with the key in the ignition - check.
Started with the door open - bad.
All heat and A/C functions, however the doors did not lock - bad.
Brake pedal shuts the engine down - check.

Troubleshooting the door locks
Driver door switch no longer functions
Passenger door switch no longer functions
Door key pad no longer functions
FOB will make relays click in the module but do nothing.
Hitting unlock twice on the FOB blows the driver door unlock CB in the module. Also blew the dome light CB at the SJB.
Original key fob still will lock/unlock/liftglass

I also realized that all doors are now reporting ajar and I can't get the rear hatch open even though the glass will open with the FOB. Switch for liftglass no longer works either.

To top it off I can't get the car into gear now.

To this point
I have pulled and checked all CB's in the SJB.
Cut all wires from the module that have anything to do with the door locks and dome lights to re-verify at a later time.

So...
Doors still report ajar.
liftgate/liftglass will not open. Liftglass will with original FOB.
can't get the car in gear unless I override.
Door lock switches and keypad do not work.
I've tested everything else and can't find anything else that does not work.

I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point short of going through every wire bundle I touched to check and make sure I didn't break a wire somewhere trying to separate the bundles.

Anyways I hope this is all one related issue. Any help or troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

OP
OP
D

dlupo77

Reaction score
Well I managed to solve my problem. Last night I happened to pull out a post I printed from the the12volt.com website a few weeks ago. As I was looking at it I noticed that all the items in question were all on the D connector. One of the last steps involved making a connection to one of those wires so I pulled the connector off. I went to a take a look at it and sure enough it wasn't in all the way. I didn't attempt to reconnect the battery just in case the alarm would start going off at midnight.

That didn't exactly solve my issue however. When I came home from work today I reconnected the battery and the issues were still there. I remembered I read somewhere that the SJB uses pulse width modulation to make things happen. With my limited understanding of PWM I figured that somehow the system would get confused if initial conditions were not properly set. I have no idea how valid that reasoning is but I figured I try. So I disconnected the battery. Put the key in the ignition and turned it to run so the alarm would not go off. Shut all the doors and then reconnected the battery. It worked! I have normal operation of everything again.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
congrats. i put the factory remote start on my 05 ranger i had but I had the dealer do it. cost $150 but no problems and I did not have to work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrsharp06