2008 Expedition EL Refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

StephanSloan

Reaction score
Yes- and as I do not have a machine for bleeding the ABS I think I am off to the shop for that job?
I just took the Expedition for a ride and checked the brakes when I got back. Right front still noticeably hotter than the others. I jacked the front end up and was surprised to find both front wheels spun freely. I could discern no additional friction in the right front.
The pedal feels spongy and low to me. When I changed the rotors and pads I believe I thoroughly bled the system drawing fresh (clean looking at least) fluid to each corner starting with the passenger rear and ending with the driver's front.
Rats...

OP
OP
S

StephanSloan

Reaction score
Installed new front calipers and brake hoses. All better now.
Also learned that if you are stupid and install the calipers on the wrong side the bleeder is on the bottom and they will never bleed....
Thanks everybody for the help - onward!

549677_139622179520866_588122904_n.jpg

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed new front calipers and brake hoses. All better now.
Also learned that if you are stupid and install the calipers on the wrong side the bleeder is on the bottom and they will never bleed....
Thanks everybody for the help - onward!

Glad that everything worked out. It bugs the crap out of me when my stuff is working correctly. Now one less thing to worry about. :)