2008 tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a few questions regarding the tire pressure monitoring system on my 08 Eddie Bauer with the 20in rims. is the TPMS sensors in the 08 have bands or is it the one mounted with the valve stem? and can they be interchanged?
any input would be great.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stock 20's? dont know...but i took my sensors out of my stock 17's and put them in my 24's...works perfect...

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe that they are all valve stem mounted. To check look at the valve stem and if you see a nut then its stem mounted.

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 07 EB with 20's had the band-type. They are a royal pain in the butt. When I replaced the "chrome-clad" plastic POS rims with real rims, the bands were just barely too small to fit around the new rim's center. So the place used really thick plastic bands that look kind of like zip ties on steroids. Well, I've had lots of problems ever since. One came loose causing the sensor to fly around inside the tire causing balancing issues. Now one of my sensors is bad causing the warning light to be on for the past 20k miles or so. I'm sure it's that same one that bounced around. The dealer won't touch the rims or sensors since they are no longer factory and I haven't bothered to go elsewhere yet to get the bad sensor replaced. Money's tight.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stupid dumb a$$ bands. Don't know why they ever went away from the valve stem ones.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine must be stem...took mine out of my stock 17's and put in 24's...next week they'll be in my 26's

OP
OP
C

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats why i was asking i have the chrome-clad rims and was looking around for rims because i read that you have to buy new bands if you get new rims and for that i would just buy the valve stem mounted ones. might be getting two new tires this weekend in the mean time ill find out then.

Last edited:

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they are the band type and they wont interchange with the valve stem ones. different frequencys. and they went back tp the valve stem style in 2010

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like u just need bigger bands...as I said twice already...mine worked

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score