2009 XLT Phone Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidB

Reaction score
I just purchased a used, 2009 XLT. I've familiarized myself with most of the features but I can't seem to determine exactly what the purpose is of the Phone Button on the radio console. I've read where it's basically useless on the 06-08 models but then was supposed to be active starting in '09. As it stands now, the display reads "No Phone" when the button is pressed. Any ideas?

Heatman1976

Reaction score
According to the owner's manual (which our miraculously came with), when you press the phone button and it says "no phone", it means you do not have the blue tooth or SYNC capability. Not sure what happens if you have SYNC, but the modules and harness set ups I've found are over $600. A good after market stereo with back up camera and blue tooth built in runs less than that.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sync should be standard on the 09 and aboves on xlt models. Have you tried to sync your phone via bluetooth. Without the touchscreen its a horrible process, easier just using the voice commands.