2010 ---> 2015 Front end conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flippingroc

Reaction score
Hey guys- Long time 08 Expedition owner... Im just shy of 305K on it- all on orig drivetrain btw- and gonna try to go as high as it will take me. Was looking to get a 16/17 but got a sick deal on a fixer to "add to my fleet". Bought a damaged 2010 Limited MAX for $1,500 and it needs a front end. Was going to just put another 2010 front end on it... but I thought hey- why not look into a 2015-2017 front end. Anyone know of anyone to do the "conversion". Either way I'll need to put a front end on it but I really like the '15 update... Hood and fenders are the same for 08-17's so it looks like just the bumper, fogs, headlights and grill... Couldn't find a thread on someone doing it.
Thanks!!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The only challenge will be the cost; later model wrecks are more expensive. And you'll probably have to switch some connectors on electrical harnesses. Maybe some minor changes in supports or dill holes in the frame or radiator support.

Let us know if you do it. Fun project!

limitedex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a quote from Ford a while back and started a thread on ford-trucks.com before I joined here. If I remember right parts alone were around $5,500.00

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I got a quote from Ford a while back and started a thread on ford-trucks.com before I joined here. If I remember right parts alone were around $5,500.00
Yeah I got a price quote of roughly the same while still being told nothing would fit. Clearly they just say what the computer says fits instead of having an imagination. I passed when I struggled to find use parts but may take another go at it since I'm sire there are plenty of wrecked 15-17 out there now

jerryr

Reaction score
I met a lot of naysayers along the way. Most everything fits and you don't have to change the fenders. Worst pain for this whole job was paying $400+ for a quart of paint. Stay tuned for the complete play by play with pics.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally like the look of the 07-14 front end better, so I could never see myself doing it. I also like the 2nd gens, again wouldn’t do it the 2nd gen to 07 conversion either. Everyone’s got their own taste I guess.

Will be cool to see the results.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Worst pain for this whole job was paying $400+ for a quart of paint.

Whoa. I hate seeing a guy get completely taken advantage of like that. That is 100% highway robbery.

You can get a full GALLON of PPG/Deltron, House of Kolor, Sikkens, etc - all the name brands, for under $300 without even trying. And you paid $400 for a quart??? I've got some reducer I'd love to sell ya...

I'd probably have to dremel out the 12 or so rectangular honeycombs in the lower 2015+ bumper. Because all I see is a spectrum analyzer:

2017FOS300003_640_05.jpg

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree Flex – I’m having some corrosion issues fixed on my ’13 Expy’s tailgate, and I was quoted $75/pint for some Ruby Red Metallic to finish the repair. That would be $150/quart if needed.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I've been rebuilding a wrecked 17. It needed a fender, hood, bumper & grill assembly etc. Insane prices. Even used. My search was a little more tricky because I wanted the right color too so I didn't have to paint them. The hoods are the same 07-17. The fenders are the same outside of having to drill one hole for a headlight mount. Very easy. The 15-17 grill, the nicer headlights and the bumpers are absolutely gold to everyone right now.