2011 expedition limited remote start problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sskb1

Reaction score
My wife and I just bought this car and I found the remote start key fob in the glove box. Did a little research and figured out what it was. Here's the problem. Press the button, everything inside comes on dash lights radio but it doesn't start. Message on the display says "key could not program". Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
S

sskb1

Reaction score
Got it working last night! Thanks for the pdf. I wound up having to program the remote start fob with the steps below. Now it starts and stays running when I open the door. Thanks again.

Programming the SECURILOCK

NOTE: Two PATS keys are required to program the SECURILOCK.

NOTE: IMPORTANT: Each of the following steps
should be completed with no more than 5 seconds
delay between steps.

11. Insert the first ignition key and turn to the run
position.Watch for the PATS light to turn off. Remove
the first key.

12. Insert the second ignition key and turn to the run position.
Watch for the PATS light to turn off. Remove
the second key.

13. Press the remote start button twice within 3 seconds.
The PATS light should stay on for 3-5 seconds
before turning off, which means that the
SECURILOCK was successfully programmed

NOTE: If the PATS light blinks rapidly, repeat
steps 1-3 to retry programming the SECURILOCK.

NOTE: The engine will start if the Remote Start kit
has been installed correctly, the brake is not
depressed, and the hood and doors are closed.

1mpg

Reaction score
Did they come with a factory remote starter? My truck has one and only one of the remote fobs turned on the truck. I thought that the other one just needed programming but now they both don't want to turn on the truck so I thought of bringing it in into a car alarm shop to see what they say. I have no idea what brand is the remote starter or if its an aftermarket remote starter...

OP
OP
S

sskb1

Reaction score
Mine has the factory remote start with the single button key fob. The truck was not recognizing it and it had to be programmed. That's the only one that will remote start my truck.

Attachments

• imagesCAB4A3ES.jpg
    imagesCAB4A3ES.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 118

1mpg

Reaction score
Thank you sir for posting that pic, I now know what a factory fob looks like. I'm guessing my remote starter is an aftermarket one since both my fobs do not have fords logo on them. They do have a single button that you press twice on a good day to start the engine if your lucky and if not then the wife will have to go out in the cold and crank it the old fashion way. Does anyone know if I can get another better fob programmed to the remote starter?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnorman