2012 Expedition LMTD cool/heated seats not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrjeandj

Reaction score
first time I am posting. I've searched up and down and I only find answers for older expeditions.

the issue that is persistent now is that the heated and cool feature on any seat doesn't work. when I press the cool or heat button on the dash, it lights up for like 1 second, and then it shuts off. I could toggle between 2 lights and 1 light on, but both shut off after 1 second. it does this for both the driver and passenger seat. i replace fuse 67 I think on the hood fuse box with a 40amp maxi fuse (or fmx) and nothing. what else can I do other than take the seats off and see if there is an issue on BOTH seats?

i should add that when I have a passenger on the passenger front seat, if they don't click their seat belt, I DO NOT hear the chime and the airbag sensor doesn't show up on my dashboard either.

when I sit on my driver seat and run the car if I don't have my seatbelt on ill start hearing the chime until I click it. also when I sit on my driver seat I see the airbag light and then it goes away.

Last edited:

mothra

Reaction score
My 2008 limited started doing the same thing this morning. I'm haven't started any diagnostics yet and I am hoping some smart people will chime in here.

wk99

Reaction score
I would look at the heated/cool seat control module mounted underneath the passenger seat. I think there is one for both seats. I was having the same issues some years back and when I pulled the module, I noticed that the ground wire had melted on the wire harness that connects to the module. I did some splicing to the harness and it resolved the issue. Here's the module. Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 3.52.18 PM.png

rslynes

Reaction score
It could be the module, but more likely be one of the plug-in connectors under the seat.

Ford's are notorious for poor connector prongs.

sub0cool

Reaction score
It’s the module under the passenger seat as listed
Above. Probably need to get the pigtail for it too. The ground gets too hot and burns out. The new pigtail has a double ground.

lamboz1

Reaction score

I have fixed my 2012 expedition using this video. Part was from rock auto about $50

I borrowed ratchet set from my brother and wire cutter, wasn't very hard. Just takes time and patience and helps to have a second hand

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys, if you follow these videos, please solder the wires, don’t just crimp the wires, you will have all sorts of problems later on..