2012 Ford Expedition Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^ This is what I had in mind originally.

Dib, so is the K&N breathing hot air from the engine compartment? This is one of the reasons I wanted to keep the OEM airbox.

Believe it or not, NO. The heat shield seals to the hood. A couple of the guys on here have taken temp readings at the intake and they are pretty close to ambient temp. The only time you start to suck warmer air is in stop and go traffic.

Leissleib

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Believe it or not, NO. The heat shield seals to the hood. A couple of the guys on here have taken temp readings at the intake and they are pretty close to ambient temp. The only time you start to suck warmer air is in stop and go traffic.

I just ordered the K&N intake.

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had the K&N for 6 months. Love the sound. Just need a programmer to bad throttle response off the line.

I added 6" diameter flexible tubing from the airbox hole in the inner fender, down behind the headlight, down into the lower bumper cover area and put a PVC elbow on the end. 10 mph pressurizes the airbox.