2012 KR Illuminated Door Sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Instead of tacking this on the previous thread, I just started a new one. I received the Ford door sills yesterday that I had won off Ebay. They were brand new in the box, and had everything but instructions. Since Ford recommends a dealer installation, that's probably why there were none. Not to be outdone, I posted here and on the12volt.com asking where the dome light wire(s) were. I wanted the sills to light upon entry and turn off when the dome lights went off (theater lighting). Flobee4 on 12volt answered my question within an hour with exactly what I was looking for. Several months ago I had also ordered some mini LED's from Oznium with intentions of putting them in my console cupholders, but never got around to it. I still haven't done that, but I used 3 of them for footwell lights off the same circuit. I've labeled the images so they should be self explanatory. From start to finish took about 3 hours, but I took my time. Measure twice, cut once. It took a 5/16" bit to drill the hole in the plastic door plate. I placed one Oznium led on the driver's side and two on the passenger side for my wife. I'll get around to the console/cup holder lights next time. I'll take some pics after dark and post them later.

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

OP
OP
R

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford sells them through parts dept for 240 list, 170 discounted price. I got them from an Ebay seller for 150$ free shipping and no tax.

X.handyman89.X

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Quick question. I read the write up but I maybe miss this, were exacltly did you connect those sill plates too?... what wires did you use?... I really want to do this on my expy.

OP
OP
R

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess you're talking about electrical connections. I used the gray/purple wire coming from the SJB on the passenger side behind the kick panel for the positive connection and a common ground