2012 KR Illuminated Door Sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expypate

Reaction score
I finally got my set and they did come with an instruction sheet. It may be worth scanning it and keeping it handy if anyone else plans to do the install.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang! Beat to the punch! I was going to do those when i got the extra cash! I was going to do one in the back hatch too!

Looks great!

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally got my set and they did come with an instruction sheet. It may be worth scanning it and keeping it handy if anyone else plans to do the install.

I'd like to see these too. I just installed the Ford ambient light kit and that came with no instructions either. Gotta love Ford.

Matt

OP
OP
R

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like to see these too. I just installed the Ford ambient light kit and that came with no instructions either. Gotta love Ford.

Matt

Hmm I've looked at the ambient light system, but haven't seen any kind of info on how it's installed. Any info from you would be appreciated

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm I've looked at the ambient light system, but haven't seen any kind of info on how it's installed. Any info from you would be appreciated

Install isn't too hard. Only a ground wire and power wire to hook up. As for the actually lights, the kit I used was the older part # one and has since been superseded. The only part that bothered me was that I couldn't find any directions specific to Expeditions, so I had to research which wire was the correct one for power. I also modified the kit slightly as it is designed for one light in each front footwell, one for the cup holder and one for inside the console. I lengthened the wires for the one that was to go in the center console and mounted it to the back of console for some lighting for the rear seat passengers. I will try and grab some pics later. By the way the one for the the cup holder is just a bulb and not the dog bone shaped light like what comes in the F150 Platinums.

Matt