2012 KR Illuminated Door Sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expypate

Reaction score
Does the light kit just light up the cup holders and the two footwells like the picture?

How do the LED lights mount into the cup holders?

8L8Z-13E700-AA.jpg

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the light kit just light up the cup holders and the two footwells like the picture?

How do the LED lights mount into the cup holders?

8L8Z-13E700-AA.jpg

Yes the way the kit is designed it just does the footwells and cupholder. One thing I noticed on a lot of the Ford sites was how bright they look in their photos. Trust me they are not that bright and overbearing, just a nice subtle "mood" light.

Here is a pic I found showing a Navigator with it. Notice where the cupholder light is, you have to drill ito the cupholder and put a hole in the rubber liner too.

Also, I referred to the following thread for install ( it's for a F150 but you get the idea, also the wiring is incorrect for an Expedition ) I also have a copy of the Ford directions for an F150 but not an Expy.

How To Add Ford Ambient Lighting - F150online Forums

I will try and get a couple of pics of mine tonight.

Matt

Attachments

• Ambient Light Kit.jpg
    Ambient Light Kit.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 412

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was already on my list of lights to put in...i have the floor already...cup holders is next AND the door handles...i was in one of the new 300's a couple of weeks ago...blue lights in the door handles...very subtle but at night is perfect!!! my next move

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics at night. Ambient lighting is hard to photograph ( maybe if I was a pro photographer ) but is more noticeable in real life.

Kit comes with a button to change ( scroll thru ) seven different colors then shut off. Whatever color you choose it will return to that color each time you start the vehicle.

Note I had to shut off the NAV screen to get better pics. Also I put my foot in the pics deliberately to show the contrast because black carpet doesn't reflect back too well.

Matt

Attachments

• Dk Blue Front.jpg
    Dk Blue Front.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,268
  • Red Front.jpg
    Red Front.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 293
  • Cupholder.jpg
    Cupholder.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,522

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or just buy LED interior kit...$50 for my 6pc...$32 for 4pc on ebay from LEDglow.com

IMG-20120928-00350.jpg
IMG-20120928-00351.jpg
IMG-20120928-00355.jpg

they make them remote operated too if you want...they also offer 7-color and multi-million color options