2014 Dome light replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OH UNCLE PAUL

Reaction score
New guy here. I did a search to make sure I wasn't asking a question that has been asked and answered already and came up blank.

I have a 2014 EL and want to replace the dome lights with LEDs.

First issue is do I need CANBUS bulbs?

Also how do I open them. Just pop off the lens that acts like a switch or does the whole unit come down?

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just replaced the interior lights in my 2011 with LEDs. You don't need canbus friendly bulbs. I used ones from dx.com. sku #151774. They are very white. I'll look up the part number for the cargo lamp.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
183748 is the sku for the rear cargo lamp. The front and mid lamp lenses come down as a single unit. However, the rear IIRC stays attached as a sort of hinge. It swung down out of the way to allow bulb replacement. The lamp "body" stays in the ceiling. The cargo lamp comes out of the ceiling as a complete unit (lens and "body").

Last edited:

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, 204843 is the sku for the vanity mirror lights. The lenses come off with a small screwdriver.

OP
OP
O

OH UNCLE PAUL

Reaction score
183748 is the sku for the rear cargo lamp. The front and mid lamp lenses come down as a single unit. However, the rear IIRC stays attached as a sort of hinge. It swung down out of the way to allow bulb replacement. The lamp "body" stays in the ceiling. The cargo lamp comes out of the ceiling as a complete unit (lens and "body").
So if I am reading this correctly the lights over the middle row seats come completely out of the headliner?

I couldn't see how the lens would open so I started pulling down on the whole unit but was met with more resistance than I was willing to overcome without being sure.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Contact the folks at superbrightleds.com

They are the experts.

X2 that's where I get mine from and they have some good discounts sometimes. That being said I replaced mine as well, you do not need CANBUS bulbs. I switched mine to red bulbs for easier night vision. I can see paperwork and the kids can read and my eyes are not effected.