2015 fog lights (LED) always on...how to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnyredgtr

Reaction score
Hy folks;

new in the forum, i own a 2015 Ford Expedition Platinum with white and Brunello interior and i like the new foglights, they are LED and love them in the night. But, i will like to have them always on, maybe like a DRL's mode. I want to start the car and the foglights automaticaly turn on, nothing else to be done. is there anyone that can help on how to do this mod?

Thanks
Johnny M

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm probably going to hear from the other smarter electrical guys that I'm wrong, but won't be first time. What about bypassing light module or whatever it runs through, and run new wires with a relay, to part of headlight switch that powers main headlights. If that's not possible, you could run the lights to a heavy duty toggle switch. You would have to remember to turn off, if you wire directly to a constant 12 volt source. Should be a way, theirs a lot of aftermarket lights for pickups and SUVs, they all tap into existing wiring usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Johnnyredgtr

Reaction score
I'm probably going to hear from the other smarter electrical guys that I'm wrong, but won't be first time. What about bypassing light module or whatever it runs through, and run new wires with a relay, to part of headlight switch that powers main headlights. If that's not possible, you could run the lights to a heavy duty toggle switch. You would have to remember to turn off, if you wire directly to a constant 12 volt source. Should be a way, theirs a lot of aftermarket lights for pickups and SUVs, they all tap into existing wiring usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok. Thanks for your sugestions but remember, this suv everything is canbus so,every wire for the foglights stays on. For the switch, i want something that i don'thave to turn on or off.
Thanks