2015 FORD EXPEDITION ANTIFREEZE LEAK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LexpeditionKy

Reaction score
Hello, I feel your pain. My 2012 Expedition has about 90,000 miles and is still under full Ford Warranty.
I've had everything known repaired on it under warranty. About $9,000 in work so far.
The slow loss of coolant started at about 60,000 miles. MANY mechanics tried to chase it down.
Finally I told them to put it on pressure test and leave it over the weekend. That found it.
Those stupid premade heater hose arrays that snap together were the culprit. These often have tiny cracks in the plastic
or the Orings don't seal. Hopefully some designer will spend eternity it a firey place for that design.
Of course those are easy to put on fast on the assembly line, but fragile and hard to fool with for a mechanic.
My guess is that my hoses had been on-off several times from all the work done.
At one point the entire motor tranny and front end were removed.

Oh and the guy that posted about the T-connectors. Yes, It's a great bush fix, but if those are bad all the rest of the plastic in that assembly is also bad so the entire array needs replacing.
And man do they cost a bunch.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
TRUCK LEAKS ANTIFREEZE, BUT CAN'T FIND LEAK. DOING IT AFTER PULLING TRAILER SOMETIMES. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Does it look like it’s coming from the front of the engine or near the radiator?
The EB has a hole on the bottom of the water pump that will leak if the truck is run hot and then shut off. Both of my Expeditions leaked from there. The dealer replaced the water pumps and never had a problem since.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at the plastic tee in the heater hose above the right side of the engine. They often leak. If that's not it, follow Mr. Hall's advice and do a pressure test. Some auto parts chain stores loan a crummy but usable pressure tester.

+1. I had one of these leak and decided to replace all 3, the tstat and the coolant while I had the system drained. It cost me $65 in parts (3 hose pieces + tstat) + the coolant.

FLCaptain

Reaction score
I just did my 2016 water pump tonight. It’s been leaking for 30,000 miles. Friday night let go. Change all the gaskets in the crossover to. There’s a couple of good YouTube videos.