2017 dome defeat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought dark car mode was originally intended for police vehicles and just prevents the interior lights from turning on when the vehicle is running and a door is opened. I don't believe it applies to when the vehicle is off.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought dark car mode was originally intended for police vehicles and just prevents the interior lights from turning on when the vehicle is running and a door is opened. I don't believe it applies to when the vehicle is off.

On my '09 SSV it applies when vehicle is off

OP
OP
T

thesavo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll check again tonight.
Door open, engine running.
Door open, engine off.

It has a keyless ignition, if that matters.

Update for this to work, I may also have to enable a "silent feature". It sounds counter intuitive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
1e7cb2c1f03ce573749a941c100f0546.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thesavo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tried the interior/dash lights all the way down?

-- Chuck
Yes20180712_221606.jpeg

I'm toggling one I found call "silent mode 5" in addition to dark car.

Looks like dark car and silent mode have to be enabled on model year 2017 so that it doesn't come on with door open after engine. Or ever. It kills dome light with door ajar and fob/keypad unlock.

It also overrides the, "remote unlocking feedback" setting. That's off now with dark car and silent mode 5

Now it won't wake up the 3 year old getting out of the vehicle at night. Thanks all

Last edited:

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Interesting. Glad you got them working but I don't recall enabling silent mode. I think that reference page you posted is from the police interceptor (Explorer) and not the SSV (Expedition). But in any case, when I enabled dark car, it functions with engine on or off. No interior lights function unless I switch them on with the dimmer. Ditto the puddle lights.

OP
OP
T

thesavo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. Glad you got them working but I don't recall enabling silent mode. I think that reference page you posted is from the police interceptor (Explorer) and not the SSV (Expedition). But in any case, when I enabled dark car, it functions with engine on or off. No interior lights function unless I switch them on with the dimmer. Ditto the puddle lights.
Oh ho. I checked again and yes it is from an intercepter utility pdf not SSV. I checked and couldn't find the pdf in ssv edition.

Here's the config from forscan to make it work, (or not)

74a7fbd4b864c1381bf94144abd5880d.jpg

Last edited:

Axle Folly

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll keep that dark and silent mode in-mind for camping next time. I was feeling bad for the party next to us when I missed seeing if I locked the rig, so I unlocked it to avoid it honking, then locked it again, flash-flashflash!

I didn't go that high-tech for the drive-in since it's just one night, pulling the dome/puddle light fuse can do the job - temporary old school fix!