2018 Expedition Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read the comparison as well, looks like i made a great decision, if the fx4 won out so much, a platinum wouldve blew away the others lol.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just read on Jalopnic that Ford has temporarily "banned" employees from ordering/purchasing 2018 Expeditions/Navigators, and as GTNator mentioned another $25M on Kentucky truck plant to increase production! Goes on to say Expy retail sales are up 59% in January, 132% for Navigator.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of dealers in NY haven’t been able to get a single 2018 on the lot yet to even see, my dealer is the only one that seems to have gotten one. So this month expy sales are up, that’s good. ford lost a lot of ground in just about every category except for full size vehicles, the hot auto cycle we have been in is hitting its bubble and a correction is coming soon. Prices have maxed out and sales are falling across the board for just about everyone, soon we should see price drops on everything when it corrects.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the doors harder to close is hardly a negative!!! that means it is solid and airtight. i love the door sound!! it was one of the first things my 13 year old daughter noticed. when she got in and shut the doors, she said ooh, that sounds nice!!! im sure it will fair well in years to come as rubber relaxes, etc.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the doors harder to close is hardly a negative!!! that means it is solid and airtight. i love the door sound!! it was one of the first things my 13 year old daughter noticed. when she got in and shut the doors, she said ooh, that sounds nice!!! im sure it will fair well in years to come as rubber relaxes, etc.

Funny, when I rented a 2018 Expy for two weeks, I didn't even notice it. It just felt good.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
motor trend official 0-60 times

expedition fx4 6.2
cadillac escalade platinum AWD 5.9

not to shabby!!!

Those GM L86 powertrains are not a joke, things whip you back in your seat!! 6.2 is still super fast on the ford!

philggg

Reaction score
The doors do close hard. I keep getting the warning light telling I did not close the drivers door properly..
You have to really slam them. My grandkids can't really do it..

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My biggest beef with the motor trend review: "Our invite criteria was pretty simple: three rows of seats inside, a minimum towing capacity of 7,000 pounds, four-wheel drive, and a $65,000 price cap, which, shockingly, is about the average transaction price for this segment." And then they went and reviewed a Z71 Tahoe. Since when does the Z71 trim give you a 7000lb towing capacity? And if they really meant 6000lb towing capacity, I would've really liked to see them include the new Discovery...

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Discovery? Why, it doesn’t compete with these vehicles at all. It is a more competitor for the Explorer, Traverse, Acadia