2018 Platinum vs Navigator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm impressed that you were able to come to these definitive conclusions just through brochures and pictures. I'm assuming they did not have any demo models for you all to see in person? I can tell from the pictures that the Navi is more luxury, for sure. However, the Platinum Expy looks like a different kind of luxury as well. The stitching in the leather seats and doors looks like Mercedes quality. Of course, I may sit in it and think otherwise...or not. I guess what I'm saying is that when one spends upwards of $85K for a car, it's hard for me to make that level of commitment and decide without seeing it, sitting in it, feeling the leather and materials, driving it in multiple speeds and road environments etc.... I'm sure once I drive an Expy and Navi and learn first hand what each is like then the decision becomes easy. It's just too hard right now for me. How did you do it?
First we looked at my uncles F150 which from what I’ve seen is pretty much the same thing as the Expy in regards to the dash, we didn’t like the vents, the small touch screen, or gauges. Second, we haven’t bought the Navi, just ordered it so if we don’t like it no big deal. We figured it would be easier to find the expy we want because they make more. Some of our needs were it needs to carry 8, have legit 4x4 which really shorten the list of choices. We began looking last year and based on seeing last years Fords vs the chevys we really preferred the Fords; that and i’ve had 4 and still own one. The Benz is way more when similarly equipped and the maintenance is high (I hear my dad complain about this constantly). The pro and con list we had was real extensive, and too long to bore you with here , but pretty solid on the Navi. If for some reason we are not satisfied we can continue to look but based on the early reviews I think we made a solid choice. The cost is on the low end when compared to most of the foreign makes when similarly equipped and we have continued to make our car payments to ourselves since paying off our current cars for close to 10 years now so we have a car fund to draw from. We plan on having this car for 8-10 years so we want the newest safest best trimmed to our needs as we can get and then drive the wheels off.