2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azgdds

Reaction score
What are you using for liners for the kid seats? I’m looking for this now, still have rear facing car seats so looking more to keep impressions from forming in the leather over protecting from spills at this point. I dig the black wheels!
Bought lusso brand XL car seat protectors off Amazon. Probably worth buying one for the seat next to the kid seat if you have a bench. They dont keep stuff to themselves very well :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

azgdds

Reaction score
how do you like it? Think I might want to pick up a 6.2 Raptor eventually, when I get rid of something. BTW nice expy.
I love it. Probably keep it forever. Only has 50k miles in 7 years :) only use it when needed, winter, dunes, trailers, odd yard jobs, hunting, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MiddKid

Reaction score
How did you pull up that info? My wife has done most of the legwork since I have been busy lately. She said our dealer told her you cannot track until the build has started. Is that correct? When it does, hopefully on time Jan 15th, how do we track it’s status?

That info came from my dealer when COTUS suddenly dropped from In Transit back to Awaiting Shipment and the date disappeared. You'll be able to track at a high level on COTUS but your dealer has more info.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I’m already looking for seat protectors to keep any marking and leather stretching to a minimum. Here is a picture from the car seat manual stating the seat belt as the preferred method. Britax Advocate ClickTight.View attachment 23205
Yeah Thts bc it’s britax. They are ass backwards. That seat belt isn’t going to do anything for the seat in an accident

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah Thts bc it’s britax. They are ass backwards. That seat belt isn’t going to do anything for the seat in an accident
We have the same seat. Because it has the seat belt lock-off under the child seat cushion, it's actually just as, if not safer than, the LATCH. Most car seat manufacturers don't include a seat belt lock-off so no matter how hard you tighten the belt, the seat can move around underneath the belt (meaning the LATCH is safer). But because Britax offers the lock-off, the seat is actually attached to the belt not just being held down by it as with most other manufacturers.

Artie - your seats are perfect.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How does the seat belt operate differently for a car seat vs human? From what we researched we found that the design this particular seat uses it cuts down on improperly installed seats and if it were as you state not ‘going to do anything for the seat in an accident’ I’d like to think this would have been found when testing the seat before going to market. If I’m not mistaken, the LATCH system is connected to the actual seat of the car so it’s dependent upon the seats connection to the automobile whereas the seatbelt is connect to the automobile only and independent of the seat.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am no expert but have always seen and been told the Latch system was superior. I am curious as to why they recommend the belt method. I would have to find out why they went as far to specifically state it is the preferred way. Because that is going to suck undoing that seatbelt everytime someone needs to get in the back!!

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am no expert but have always seen and been told the Latch system was superior. I am curious as to why they recommend the belt method. I would have to find out why they went as far to specifically state it is the preferred way. Because that is going to suck undoing that seatbelt everytime someone needs to get in the back!!

I agree. Weight of the child is the biggest factor. LATCH is safer with children under a certain weight (can't remember for sure but around 30lbs) and belt is safer with children over that weight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett