2018 Rear Entertainment Initial Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife just had our fifth kid so we decided to upsize from our Odyssey. We went with the RSE without researching it enough and I’m really disappointed. This system was obviously not tested with real parents or young kids.
I’m a reasonably tech savvy guy and it still took 10-15 minutes to get the audio set up through the speakers, only to have the audio be unusable because of the delay. It sounds like there’s a workable solution which I’ll try in the morning but I shouldn’t need a solution to make a $2000 system usable. I really wish we went with another option.
Other than the RSE, we really love the vehicle. It’s hard coming from an Odyssey which is so well designed for families (I’ll miss the automatic sliding doors the most) but the additional space in the expedition is worth it (I’m 6’7” and the Odyssey was not made with me in mind).

At least you’ll look better driving that Expedition over a minivan, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Roku stick? Some videos online seem to show it works well for the entertainment system.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got an appletv hooked up and it works great!

Do you run it off of the vehicle’s WiFi or do you connect it to you’re phone and run off of that?

OP
OP
zarga

zarga

Reaction score
I couldn't get Chromcast to work, but the Amazon Fire stick thing works great (aside from the standard bluetooth audio issues).

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you run it off of the vehicle’s WiFi or do you connect it to you’re phone and run off of that?

vehicle wifi. sometimes my phone, depending on whats going on.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those of you who have put multiple video files on a USB drive or SD card, how are you converting your DVDs/Blu-Rays to a format that works when plugged into the RSE? Do you just copy the DVDs to your PC in ISO format, then put the ISO file on the drive? Does the RSE recognize and actually play those files?

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have put multiple video files on a USB drive or SD card, how are you converting your DVDs/Blu-Rays to a format that works when plugged into the RSE? Do you just copy the DVDs to your PC in ISO format, then put the ISO file on the drive? Does the RSE recognize and actually play those files?
I’m using AnyVideoConverter with much success. I down-convert the videos to 1080p mp4s and trim the credits off the end of the movie while I’m doing it. Hands down the best way to use this system with little kids on long road trips as it automatically starts the next video.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m using AnyVideoConverter with much success. I down-convert the videos to 1080p mp4s and trim the credits off the end of the movie while I’m doing it. Hands down the best way to use this system with little kids on long road trips as it automatically starts the next video.

Do you have the ultimate version or what? I paid the 10 bucks but it’s been a hassle to get working so far...

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have the ultimate version or what? I paid the 10 bucks but it’s been a hassle to get working so far...

I’ve tried 8 times and only successfully ripped two DVDs. Everything I rip has subtitles or is in a foreign language even though I select no subtitles and English.