2019 Rear Tailight housing condensation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 limited with LED taillamp housing option (only has reverse halogen lamps)

Anyone ever have issue with the taillights housings showing condensation after rain? I guess I could just pop them out and apply silicone sealent on the "joints"
Is their a known area on the housing that lets the water in and what did you do to prevent the water intrusion successfully
IMG_6551.jpegIMG_6550.jpeg

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make sure there is a weap hole in the bottom of the housing. Should already be there. Make sure it is clean. It is normal to some degree, because they are not sealed. Is it condensation, or coming from a distinct location?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I live in a very dry place and have never noticed it, until a couple months ago, my left rear showed frozen condensation in the taillight while it was about 5 degrees out. Not fun, it's so funny to me that these taillights cost so much but are such pieces of junk. I had to replace one under warranty at 7K miles as it was literally cracking inside the housing, on the reflective portions.

OP
OP
SyndicateZ

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I updated my OP with pics. Both the driver side and passenger side has this condensation in the housing lens after it rains out or car gets washed. It goes away after a day or so of no water contact with the elements. I see no obvious "holes" on the housing .I still meed to remove the housing from suv to give a full inspection of the whole thing. Just wanted to seenif anyone else has thos issue and there is a common area of water intrusion

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I updated my OP with pics. Both the driver side and passenger side has this condensation in the housing lens after it rains out or car gets washed. It goes away after a day or so of no water contact with the elements. I see no obvious "holes" on the housing .I still need to remove the housing from suv to give a full inspection of the whole thing. Just wanted to seenif anyone else has those issue and there is a common area of water intrusion
Based on those pictures, Ford, if warranty would call it "Normal" because no standing water, or large drops. Remember, these aren't any worse than housings from 10 years ago, there were just VERY hot bulbs in there to burn it off. They haven't gotten worse, just nothing to assist with the removal. Our 2020 does it every now and it is worse, cause I even installed LED backup lights! HaHa! These are NOT meant to be sealed. They have holes where water can get in. Best you can do is try to prevent large amounts of water from getting behind the housing, and make sure it is as sealed as possible where the wire and bulb holes are.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My passenger side fogs up after a car wash. Not much I can do to prevent it. but it dries out in a couple hours. I also swapped backup to LED, but it was doing it before the swap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett