2022 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Dewey3

Reaction score
Not knocking you, but to each, his own. One of the things I'm happiest about on our current '20 Expy after trading our '15 Explorer Limited is the return to real controls. A big screen looks nice, but is not as functional as real controls that you can reach down and feel/work while driving. An example is big temperature changes in the HVAC. In the Expy we just reach down and do, but in the Explorer, we had to press for each function and each digit change. I was really drawn to the Explorer's high tech "control center" screen when we bought the Explorer, that is until anytime I wanted to do something... change a temperature, change a radio station, change the AC settings in the rear, etc, etc. Again, not knocking anyone who likes the screens, but if I happen to have a screen, please keep the old fashioned knobs and push buttons too.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The top of the dash hasnt even been fitted yet, so we dnt kno what fords gonna do yet. As far as screen utilization, the mach e is now makin press rounds so ill wait to see how ppl like the large screen. I did like how easy everything was to wrk in the expy as compared to the nav because of the buttons, but if done right, it could wrk. I myself am excited, but more want better driving characteristics than anything else.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While I may agree with you - about physical buttons - the overall movement in the industry is towards all touch-screen. Like it or not, it's where every car is headed. The Mach-E is one of the first Fords to offer it, Tesla has had it for a while, and the new Escalade has a display that stretches across the whole dash.

Personally, if I have a choice to buy a truck with tomorrow's tech vs. yesterday's, I'll opt for the bigger screen. I'm sure Ford won't roll out something that's half-baked. Sync 4 will have much faster processing, and the big display will only benefit with the camera views. I find the present screen grossly undersized.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While I may agree with you - about physical buttons - the overall movement in the industry is towards all touch-screen. Like it or not, it's where every car is headed. The Mach-E is one of the first Fords to offer it, Tesla has had it for a while, and the new Escalade has a display that stretches across the whole dash.

Personally, if I have a choice to buy a truck with tomorrow's tech vs. yesterday's, I'll opt for the bigger screen. I'm sure Ford won't roll out something that's half-baked. Sync 4 will have much faster processing, and the big display will only benefit with the camera views. I find the present screen grossly undersized.

The issue isn’t really with lack of buttons (only one person here opined on that). The issue is integration and balance. The escalade got it right. Tahoe got it wrong. Slapping a giant screen on a dash that was designed for tactile knobs and buttons is just lazy and looks bad. Let’s hope they recognize that and clean up that dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So funny that the size of the screen makes for a good car these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk