26s to 28s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cadillaccadi

Reaction score
whats up guys! does any one know how an expy rides on 28s? any diffrerent from 26s? any mods? some one please let me know. anyone rideing on 28s please respond thanks!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one is riding on 8's...u will be the 1st but there shouldn't be a need for mods with the right offset...you will have 25 series bands and I've been in a tahoe on 28's...felt the same until bumps...my 26'z on bumps feel harder...so unless u live in florida where the roads are almost perfect...think twice...don't want to pay all that money and bend a rim...I won't go 28'z until I move back to Florida

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member

OP
OP
C

cadillaccadi

Reaction score
No one is riding on 8's...u will be the 1st but there shouldn't be a need for mods with the right offset...you will have 25 series bands and I've been in a tahoe on 28's...felt the same until bumps...my 26'z on bumps feel harder...so unless u live in florida where the roads are almost perfect...think twice...don't want to pay all that money and bend a rim...I won't go 28'z until I move back to Florida

so it would be a bad idea to run 275 25 28s in nc? ima see if there is a bigger tire size that wont make the wheels look bad.. i ve also read that u'r transmission could go bad how true is this? thanks freeway

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are the roads there...I spend time in fayetteville and the roads are decent so depends on where I are...I'd u go bigger in tires they won't fit on the truck...u'd have to do a lot of cutting...for the trans...the say that due to the wheels weighing more...idk

nardone24

Reaction score

Where in Florida and when? I live in Orlando and would love to check you that ride...

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so it would be a bad idea to run 275 25 28s in nc? ima see if there is a bigger tire size that wont make the wheels look bad.. i ve also read that u'r transmission could go bad how true is this? thanks freeway

You could always do what they do with cars and lift it. Do the three inch lift and then run yours 8's. Then you would have enough room for more tire.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wont be moving there for another 7yrs when i retire from the air force...i will be in st augustine...i would run 28's if it wasnt my travel truck...if its local or withing a couple of hours driving...but i would drive 12 hrs on them...nothing wrong if you did but im thinking about the possibilities of bending a rim or 2...buying new rims...new tires...and whos going to have 28's in stock unless your going through a big city...thats the only reason i dont have them now...i will...maybe 30's or 32's when its a trailer queen

03expyMG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cracked a rim the first night I took her out. True story. Luckily there is a place close by that did the repair for 120 bucks. I know to be way more careful now and also after it happened I realized the tire pressure was a bit low so that didn't help. Gotta stay on point when riding on these rubber bands. I couldn't imagine running a 25 series tire on this big truck. The 28's look amazing no doubt but not worth the hassle in my opinion.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think once you go bigger then a 24" rim and tire your ride quality is gone along with the structural integrity of the rim since you have to run such a small tire