2nd Gen Captain's Chairs... were they an option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prez1967

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive always liked full size SUVs with Captain's Chairs in the 2nd row.

Did our 2nd Gen trucks come with these as an option? If so, can they be retrofitted?

If so, were they offered in cloth?

I know navigators had them, would either like for them to match my current interior (grey/black cloth) or I'd need to swap a complete interior from a wrecked truck.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes it was an option...not cloth...and they can be swapped in...no retrofitting required...straight swap

dbovine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want to have a console in the back, make sure to get either navigator seats, or just remove the middle seat from 3way split bench and get a navigator console

OP
OP
prez1967

prez1967

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want to have a console in the back, make sure to get either navigator seats, or just remove the middle seat from 3way split bench and get a navigator console

Not really interested in a console. I'd like to make it easier for my 3rd row passengers (when needed) to get back there.

May remove the center seat to see what it looks like... I'll cross my fingers and hope a wrecked 2nd Gen pops up locally so I can snatch up a nice leather interior. Any idea if the heated front seats would wire up to existing wiring?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no it wont unless its prewired...u would have to slice into wires...there should be a thread on that since a couple ppl have added heated seats themselves...anything u can think of has a thread

OP
OP
prez1967

prez1967

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had an aftermarket heated seat setup fit into the stock seats of my old Wrangler. Clean install and worked like a charm.

We'll see how the removal of the factory middle seat goes and i'll weigh my options.

I appreciate the help!

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I removed the center seat in wife's Expy a week ago. I thought I remembered someone saying that they make a carpet that can go there to cover it up.
I was unable to find it in the threads. Any help would be appreciated, I just put the bolts back in there for now, but she wants to keep it out

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I removed the center seat in wife's Expy a week ago. I thought I remembered someone saying that they make a carpet that can go there to cover it up.
I was unable to find it in the threads. Any help would be appreciated, I just put the bolts back in there for now, but she wants to keep it out
I've never found anything that is made for in between my 2nd row captains so it's pretty much up to you to get creative for a floor mat back there. You could always replace the whole carpet and leave that section alone, not sure it's worth all that trouble though.

I know a couple ppl on here have made their own custom floor mat out of misc. pieces of carpet that match their interior or cut something out of a vinyl cargo area mat that fits that section. Like I said you just gotta get creative, not sure why the aftermarket never had anything for it.